Friday, February 20, 2015

New York Fall Ready-to- Wear 2015: Some of my Favorite Shows

There was quite a bit of hype in New York this past week as designers showed their new Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear collections. There was a balance between beautiful form fitting dresses to sculptured and minimal coats on the runways. Below are some of my favorite shows this season.

Diane Von Fustenberg

It’s pretty hard not to make the assumption that Diane Von Fustenberg was slightly influenced by the new film “50 Shades of grey” this season. After all, her models did strut their stuff down her runway to the song “Earned it” by the Weeknd which was featured in the movie’s soundtrack. The collection overall evoked a sense of romance and seduction, but it never became vulgar. Brava Diane! 


Rodarte

One of the things I often hear from my friends is that designers make unwearable clothes. My defense to those comments is usually that they are creating art. Rodarte made art, but they also made clothes. It was a beautiful balance just like the balance of nature and industrialism on their set. The flower embroidered skirts were absolutely beautiful, along with the closing dresses at the end.



Vera Wang

Is Vera Wang changing her look or is it just a phase? This was a very different look from Vera Wang. It somehow showed hints of Alexander Wang with the sporty skirts, but she balanced it with softer pieces such as the white sweater with the black sleeves. Overall, this collection intrigued me. 



Anna Sui
I
I have a small feeling that the book "Where the Wild Things Are" had a small influence on designer Anna Sui this season. I am not going to lie, but I am in love with the retro bohemian influence of this collection. Designers seem to be moving away from bohemian prints and into this quake of minimalism that it was nice to see something a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment